When I was a kid, I tried to make Jello. I failed…over and over! It was a combination of things. I couldn’t wait for the water to fully boil or the Jello to completely dissolve. Although Jello appears simplistic in nature, it continues to be my unsolved mystery. Back in the day, I also sucked at Easy Bake Oven cakes. ‘Easy’ wasn’t my description. My cakes were either over-done or under-done. Baking with a light bulb is tricky. Cooking never really worked out for me. I tried making an ice cream pie before. I didn’t realize the crust need to be baked. Yeah, I’m not a good cook. I lack patience and passion! The idea that I’m a horrible cook has resonated with me for nearly 50 years.
A couple months ago, I discovered Home Chef. And I discovered I can cook! Here’s what I love about Home Chef…
- It makes me feel like I’m a gourmet chef.
- I cook two meals (2 servings each) a week for less than $45. Cheaper than eating out.
- I don’t have to grocery shop!!! Scouring the store aisles for obscure ingredients annoys me. With Home Chef, it’s in my box.
- I can make freaking pork dumplings. Potstickers! I love ’em! I made ’em! I ate ’em!
- I love the variety of the food. My current fave is shrimp jambalaya. Who knew I loved shrimp jambalaya?
- I can make a FRESH meal in 60 minutes or less. #screwyouLeanCuisine
- I love it gets delivered to my house.
- It says 2 servings but I can squeeze out 3-4 meals (full disclosure I’ve had gastric bypass).
- It answers the annoying question in my head, “what’s for dinner?”
- I rock as a cook! See my photos of the meals I cooked…
MY HOME (chef) COOKING HALL OF FAME!